And thanks again for coming to our blog and checking us out :)
So in the first 3 months of being back in DR, we've been able to experience a few firsts... Some we have experienced, but it's different when you experience them in a new place...
1. New Studies! Thanks to Jehovah, we all have at least one study and a few really great return visits. I'm so proud of the girls for really opening up in their service and starting these studies. They are doing so great!
2. Getting Sick... Blah! We've all gotten a bit of something. It seems like it's just a cold (nothing serious)... and Raquel has a bout of allergies. Kei really hasn't gotten sick - unless you count being sick of getting mosquito bites... then yes, she's sick of that. Having a cold on a tropical island is very uncomfortable. I think you feel 10 times more hot than usual. UGH! It is not good. Little by little we are feeling better.
3. New "Feels Like Home" Place! YAY!!!! We did get the apartment. The girls really like it and have already redecorated their room a little with books, pictures and all their stuff. I'm glad they really like it. It is a very spacious, two bedroom apartment. We have a large living room area, a pretty cool dining table and lots of storage space. And, can't forget about the pretty awesome view! (Check out the pics below) Super exciting.
4. Visitors!! Our friends from Tennessee, Nohemi and Ricardo, got to DR last weekend to visit some friends of theirs... and, I'm so thankful, that it includes us too. It was great to see them and spend some time with them.
5. Hurricane Irma... and Hurricane Maria! This was a first (and second) for the girls; they've never been through a hurricane before. Fortunately Irma moved slightly north at the last minute and didn't do as much damage as we thought. We got lots of wind and rain that blew a bunch of our shingles off our roof, but other than that it was ok. Maria wasn't that bad either. Again, the storm moved further north. This storm lasted a little longer, but wasn't as strong as Irma. So the rain and wind lasted much longer into the night. Thankfully none of the friends homes were damaged, and the Kingdom Hall was just fine!!
6. Driving here in the DR! Another need greater that lives here but is out of the country until November, has let us rent his car to get around while he's away. They don't drive like they do in the US, LOL! But we got used to it. You know... like they say "when in Rome..." You drive as safe as possible, but you also cannot drive like in the US, it won't work and you'll most likely get into an accident. We're still alive and fitting right in.
7. We also got to feed lunch at the Pioneer School... which was so amazing. Then we got together with some friends and made little gifts for the most recent graduating class of SKE here.
Hope you enjoy the pictures... and If you have any questions.... ASK AWAY!!